Jun 16, 2010

Now that I have seen

Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead

Recently I have been listening to a song called "albertine" by Brooke Fraser. She wrote it after visiting Rwanda and I just love the words and message. Tonight as I was listening to it a few of the lines really smacked me in the face. Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Wow. I have seen, and I am now responsible. Sure I'm back home and can't physically hug or kiss my babies anymore but that doesn't mean I can sit back and relax. How can I relax when I have children I am now responsible for?

There are many things I could be doing with my time but one really jumps out at me. I sponsor children. I have SEVEN children that I am responsible for. SEVEN children who seem to love me no matter what I do. These children are amazing, I love them so much. But I have failed them. I have relaxed and not taken responsibility for the commitment I made them. THREE of them have not received a single letter from me or a picture. How sad is that? TWO of the three live in UGANDA. The country I just visited. ONE of those TWO in Uganda is an orphan. The other 4 have not gotten a letter from me since their Christmas card. I missed my little boys birthday because I kept putting off sending him a card. Yeah, I don't think you can fail a child any worse than that. But there is also HOPE. I know that it is not to late to write my sweet peas.

I am determined to do better from now on.
I am responsible, but simply knowing that is not enough.
Its time to act.




1 comment:

  1. So Anna, I was just looking back over your blog and old comments and stuff and thinking 'man, I miss you, I haven't seen you in FOREVER'...and then I realized that I've never seen you. And it was sad. The End.

    But I've loved reading about your Uganda trip. The boy in the picture's name is Hussein, is that what you were thinking of? Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design