Sep 30, 2010

Our God story

This October it will be 2 years since we moved.
That move used to be one of the biggest things that had happened in my life.
Now?  Not so much.

It has been a CRAZY year.

A year and a month ago I arrived home from my first missions trip.

ONE year!

8 months later I found my self on a plane for Africa.

That was 4 months ago.

Are you following me?

I am now in Africa again for 3 months.

Somewhere in there my brother got married and I started public school.

{Cambodia 2009-Place of Rescue Orphanage}


In June, this year got even crazier.

a lot crazier.

A crazy God thing happened.

{Uganda May 2010-Ssenge Village}


This crazy God thing took me by surprise.  I had been praying for this thing for years {!} and all though I kept on praying and begging God I had lost hope that he would ever answer.  And I was OK with that. It was hard, but after years of bringing this to my parents attention, I had learned it just was not worth the stress and friction.  I prayed and kept quiet (for the most part) but it was up to God now.  I was at peace.

{Uganda September 2010-Amani Baby Cottage}


On our way home from Africa in May I was reading my Bible and this verse popped out at me

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..."
Psalms 37:7

It sounded a lot like a verse that popped out at me years earlier when I was so depressed that this "thing" would never happen.

"Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Psalms 27:14

Now, this "thing" is happening.  After years of "being patient and waiting" it is happening.  My hearts desire.  People who know me know that this is true.  I might never know all the reasons why God made me wait for this thing.  I already know some of them.  The reasons are as clear as day now.  Funny how he knew what was best and that He knew that NOW (2010) is the best time for this thing

I'm glad he made me wait.  Really I am.  Waiting has grown me.  It has made my faith stronger.  It blows me away.  God is so, so good.


What is this thing?

A child.

A child who I love deeply.  Who has grown in my heart.  Who I have been praying for and dreaming of for years. 

A child who is a dream come true.

I am blessed.

Very, very blessed...

And I am in love
~~~~~

I cannot share a lot of details right now.  We are in a pretty tense situation.  I have been emailing back and forth with my mom and prayers for my family would be greatly appreciated. Please pray that God will work everything out.

2 comments:

  1. i so have tears running down my face right now. tears of joy and just plain happiness for you. i'm praying oh so hard. if you need anything, and i do mean anything, email me @ williamsn08@students.ecu.edu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joanna! THAT is soooo exciting!! Sounds a lot like our story--my mom waited, and waited, and WAITED (for about 14 yrs!) for my Dad to give her the ok to adopt! And though those years of waiting stank...it so sooooo clear why he waited till 2008 to grow our family--because He had our KM in mind! WOW! What we would have missed if we had rushed ahead of God's timing.

    And now here we are--fostering! We weren't necessarily looking to grow our family...but here we are with a precious baby in our lap. <3

    Loving following your time in UGANDA!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design