Jan 16, 2011

Baby it's cold outside!

It's cold in Canada.  Really, really cold.  As in -25 C which converts to -15 F.  I could go for some Equator right now.  Yes ma'am.  If you need me, I'll be in my room with my space heater cranked to the max, come get me when spring arrives.

This week has been 'eventfull' for our adoption.  And not really with the good stuff.

But we did get to send this piece of paper off to a certain Eastern European country (That I will not be naming anymore, just to be careful).  It was a beautiful sight.  Yes, I blurred it majorly, but hey, the paper was full of important information that I wasn't about to let the whole 'world wide web' see. 

Yeah, not going to happen.

p.s.
That is my wonderful mother in that picture.


And for good measure, here is a picture of the baby in my family.

She loves me, really she does.


The weather was just delightful this last week. 
All that snow, and wind, and dreary sky made my heart sing with happiness.


Or not.
But it was really pretty.  Much better in person than in the pictures.


This last week was my birthday.
And for my birthday my parents let me get a dog.

And it made me happy.

He is an awesome dog and really smart.  I have only had him for a few days and he is almost house broken, he walks on a leash, goes in his kennel no problem, comes when he is called and listens to 'no'...most of the time.  He is a Maremma Lab X.  I love him.  He is 10 weeks old.  And I love him.

Meet..

 Eddison Acen {A-chin) *mylastname*


Eddison- because I loved the name and it was one of the few names I loved that I didn't think I would name one of my future kids.  Picking a name for a pet is hard.  Because most of the names I love I want to name my kids.  You know, names like Douglas and Micah....ect.  *I.most.stop.talking.about.baby.names.NOW.or.else*

Acen {a-chin}- It's the surname of my sister in Uganda. I bet you didn't see that one coming!  Who I really should blog about some day soon.  It is a cool name and I promised her I would name my puppy after her.


I am exhausted.  Mr. Eddy gets up a million times a night.  It really does cut in on sleeping time.

Something that makes me excited even though I am tired though is that someone donated to Alex and Melissa's grant funds!!  $10 dollars each!  I did the happy dance. Thank you so much whoever you are!!  I really love these 2 kids and seeing someone else caring for them made me really, really happy.  I hated that big fat Zero on their pages.

Please everyone, Go look through all the precious children on THIS page and all the other pages on Reece's Rainbow and consider being a New Year Warrior for one (or two!) of the children.  It is free and easy and even if all you do is collect your spare change through out the year and donate it to their grant fund at the end of the year you will be making a difference! (Talk about a run on sentence!).  As you can see there are many, many children still waiting.

A certain little puppy needs to go outside.  So I am off.  Have an awesome Sunday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Praise God for getting the paper off to where it needed to go! One step closer!

    Gosh it is COLD there!! I was complaining over 8 inches of snow here, that pretty much closed everything for a whole week! I guess I don't have anything to complain about anymore, hehe. I am totally longing for the equator weather again too, but you have more of a reason too. :)

    What a cute cute puppy and a precious name! Ooooo a sister in Uganda, I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmmmmmm your puppy is precious. jealousy.

    Prayin' for your adoption! And the weather looks beautiful. I'm kind of in love with winter this year. Though if I lived in Canada I can see how that would be possibly not true. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paperwork in my hands. Hooray! We're this far. Not lovin' the winter weather quite so much. It's really cold. Your little sister, now her I love. And the puppy....well, I have to admit he is very cute. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, it is kind of freaky how alike we are! When I was naming my dog, I did the same thing! "Am I gonna want to name my kid this?" Haha. People always think I am weird! But glad to know I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design