Jan 13, 2011

No secret

I'm guessing it is no secret that I love Reece's Rainbow , I have learned so much from reading family blogs who had adopted SN children from RR.  Looking at all the children who need a home broke my heart, there is so much need in the world.  But seeing families being united and children brought home was the best. 

I am part of the Prayer Warrior project on RR and now that my little guy is home (I am waiting to be matched with another child to 'pray home'.) I have wanted to do more to help out.  I stumbled across the New Years Warrior program they are running right now and was instantly interested.  Basically you look through the children on the website and pick a child to advocate for, pray for, and try to put some money into their grant fund over the course of the year.  It is the prayer warrior program on steroids.

I knew I was going to do this.  But I needed to 'pick' a child..which was a nightmare.  I knew I was going to pick a child with a different special need then Down Syndrome.  I love the children with Down Syndrome but my heart is drawn towards other special needs more.  So I looked and I looked.  So many beautiful children.  All of them need the help.  Finally (After many, many back and forths between children.  Oh my heart I love them all), I decided on two children.

First up..

---
--------
--
-
-------
-----
----

Meet Alex!


The thing that struck me about Alex was his smile.  He is to cute for words!!  Also he has the exact same birthday as my little sister.  And in September when my sister is celebrating her 5th birthday, he will be transferred to an institution.  Makes me sick.  I want to do all I can to make sure his family finds him before then.

Next up..

----------
---
-------
-
-----
--

Melissa!!


Basically, she is just cute.  End of story.  But really, I adore her.  Her grin and little noes and perfect little eyes.  Oy.  She is also facing transfer to an institution soon.

So there you have it, my goal for 2011, help these children get home!  Both of them have $0.00 in their grant funds so if anyone wins the lottery I can point you in a grand direction to spend your money!  Please join me in praying that their families will find them soon.  You will be hearing much much more about them in the future.  Don't you worry...

1 comment:

  1. They are both absolutely delightful! oh my gosh cuteness. I love how RR has these things to get people involved too- its brilliant. I definitely want to support. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design