Mar 4, 2011

Cystic Fibrosis (CF)

A few weeks ago I started volunteering with a little boy who lives in my area of the world. 
He is 3 (almost 4) and is the cutest.
He also has Cystic Fibrosis.

I adore him.

If your like I was a few weeks ago, you have no idea what CF is.
Here is a movie I found about it a while back.  I think it is adorable. 
And it is pretty easy to understand.  which is pretty important. 




There, now don't you feel a little smarter?

Basically all I have been doing with him is playing and interacting with him and his 2 older siblings.  They all rock.  It was hard to make it all work at first because I can't be around people (who could potentially be sick) for 4 days before I go to this family's house. Every time a person with CF gets sick it shortens their life by a chunk of time so we have to be careful. Yikes!   It's worth it though and I know it is what I should be doing right now. I'm heading to their house again tomorrow, can you see the excitement on my face? Because it's there.

I have a soft spot in my heart for children with special needs and I am loving learning about CF.
Do any of you know someone with CF? This is definitely a first for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design