Apr 16, 2011

Adoption Grant updates

When I signed up to be an Orphan Warrior back in January both Alex and Melissa had Zero dollars in their grant fund.  I hated that big fat zero more then you could imagine.  My unofficial goal was to get their grants up to $100 each.  I figured that I should be able to get that much by the end of the year..maybe.  I really am not in a place to ask people I know 'in real life' for money and I do not have any source of income right now so I really was not expecting to see that much money going into their grant funds.

I have been blown away. 
Sure neither of their grants are even up to my goal yet, but they have grown by a bunch.
And it is only April.

Photobucket

My sweet Alex's grant has grown to..

*drum roll*

$68.50!!!!

Photobucket

Thank you to all who have contributed to Alex's grant!

------------

Melissa's grant fund has really surprised me.  She does not have much info in her profile.  Just a few words and a medical diagnosis.  People usually gravitate towards the children you can 'connect' with and I really did not think Melissa was one of those children.  Sure she has ME wrapped around her pinkie finger but that doesn't count because I am her warrior. : )  So imagine my surprise when I woke up one morning and found that her grant had jumped all the way up to...

Photobucket

$77.50!!!

They are both so close to getting to $100 and I am so stink'n excited!!!
Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has donated towards these babies!!

God is good.
enough said.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm so happy!
    Blessings, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOO in love with Alex. I even inquired about him for our family, but unfortunately we don't meet the qualifications for his country! :( I pray every day that he will find his forever family! Love your heart for these kiddos! You are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful!

    I found your blog once but didn't get around to leaving a comment...I'm so glad I was able to find it again :)! I am 17 years old. God has given me a heart for orphans, too.

    I am a huge fan of Reese's Rainbow! I have fallen in love with children on that site. Thank you for advocating for these kids.

    (I would like to advocate...yet I wonder...would anyone actually read what I wrote? And do anything about it?)

    I am now following you via Google Friend Connect.

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design