Apr 5, 2011

Diana

"Seek good, not evil,
that you may live.
Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you,
just as you say he is.
Hate evil, love good:
maintain justice in the courts."
Amos 5:14-15

Meet Diana,

Photobucket

Is she not precious?

Diana is 7 and was born with Cystic Fibrosis.
Diana is an orphan.

I have seen this sweet girl around Reece's Rainbow before but it wasn't until recently that I really noticed her.  I hadn't even read what her special need was on her profile before, but when I did, I knew.  Those two precious words, Cystic Fibrosis. 

Some of you may remember that I started volunteering with a little boy in my area that was born with Cystic Fibrosis.  I haven't blogged about it much because, frankly, it is not my place to blog about him.  Some things are better left off the Internet, especially when it comes to another persons child.  But I can say that being around a child born with CF has changed me and opened my eyes to this special need.  I know the challenges these children face and how dangerous it can be for them if they don't have access to medical care.  I look at Diana's picture and I see her puffy eyes and pale skin.  I can only imagine how skinny she must be under her sweater.  But her smile?  And her cute missing tooth?  She is perfect.  But she will most likely not survive another year in the orphanage without medical care.

Diana turns 8 later this month and I am determined to help her find a family for her birthday.
Please help me by sharing about her on Facebook, your blog etc.
And please, please, send up a prayer or two for her and her future family.
Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Joanna, I will be praying for her and for her to have a forever family!
    Blessings,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Diana's family, thank you so much for advocating for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I just saw on RR that she has a family! It looks like they posted above! Woohoo! God is GOOOD! (I'm a different Amber from the one that posted above too!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design