Apr 17, 2011

speachless

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord!"
Psalm 150:6

Back in January I had a choice to make.  It was time to re-enter 'real life'.  I had just gotten back from three months in Africa and recovered from malaria and it was time to get my life together in Canada.  With in a week I had three options flying at me.  One quickly was pushed aside but the last two were hard to pick between.  On one hand, I could take the job offer I was given and...well...get money.  But in the other hand I had a chance to volunteer with a little boy with Cystic Fibrosis.  If I took the job I would be able to head back to Uganda in April.  I would be able to be back in the country I love and hug and kiss my boy once again.  For some reason, I chose to volunteer.  Why?  I don't even know.  I would give anything to hold Elijah again, but I chose not to go back to him.  I chose to stay in Canada.  And that just does not make sense to me.

Over the last 3 months I have wondered about this decision.  I love, love, love my little CF boy and his family.  I have learned a lot from them.  I have a soft spot in my heart for Special Needs and I love getting first hand experience with them.  But I wanted to be back in Uganda.


The beginning of April was rough.  Knowing that I could of been on a plane back to Africa if only I had chosen different back in January.  It was hard.  Really, really hard.  I didn't understand what God was doing.  Why wasn't he letting me go back?  Why had he even brought E into my life to only have me never see him again?  And why in the world had I not just taken that job!?!  I still don't really know.  But this last week God has made some things very clear to me.  And I am blown away.

The day I would of been leaving for Uganda, I was made aware of a little girl, Diana

I was in a sour mood and had spent most of the day crying but her smile got to me.  I had to do something.   Over these last 10 days God has made it clear that the reason I was here, in Canada, was for Diana.  If I had chosen to work instead of volunteer in January, I would have had no idea what CF was.  And I wouldn't of cared.  If I had taken the job, I would of been in Uganda these last few weeks.  I wouldn't of seen Diana, and I wouldn't of been able to be apart of her dream. 
God knew. 
I am blown away.
Every single detail these last few months were worked out with out me knowing or understanding. 
Everything pointing back to God doing the impossible on behalf of a sick little girl half a world away.

Yesterday, Diana's forever family found her.

8 days before her birthday, and God answered our prayers.

I am so, so thankful God let me be apart of this adventure.  He could of asked anyone to do this, but he chose me.  And I really could not be happier.  My faith has been strengthened and once again he has shown me that he knows and sees what is happening down here on earth.  Something I really needed to be reminded of. : )
God is good.

Thank you to everyone who helped get the word out about Diana.  It worked!

You can see Diana's new family HERE.
Please say a prayer for them that the rest of their adoption process will go smoothly and that they can get Diana home quickly!  She needs to get medical care ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I didn't even realize all of that. God IS good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like an amazing person..
    your prayers were heard, and God reached out to me...I will continue to donate to Alex as I can, and help him find a forever family. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW so many things to deal with and have going on. God is so good! You are doing a GREAT job. And I know I so badly want to be in Uganda again to be with the kiddos. I know how you feel. And YEAH soooooo happy for Diana!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design