Apr 19, 2011

updates on everything under the sun...except, not really

I was up most of the night last night.  I couldn't sleep..and I was bored.  So I wrote this wonderful post for you all.  I know, I really shouldn't of.  You can thank me later. : )

Adoption:
7 months.  I can't believe it has been that long waiting for the New Sister to come home!  We have had many delays but things are moving forward..finally.  I hate that I can't blog more openly about this whole process.  Praying that soon (this week, right Lord?) that I will have exciting stuff to share with you all. : )


My Dog:
I got a puppy for my birthday.  The first few weeks were *cough* really rough.  It was like having a newborn baby.  And in all honesty, if I am going to be getting up in the middle of the night and cleaning up poop I would much rather be doing it for a baby not an animal.  Just saying.  It is so much better now.  I may be just a little proud of my super, dog training skills.  Career change?  Yes please.  Or not.  But really, he is so well behaved..for the most part.  He has really forced me to get out of...well...bed.  It's amazing how having to consistently let another living being out to 'empty out', forces you to get out of bed and *gasp* actually get dressed!  And in a moment of inspiration yesterday, I decided to take him for a bike ride, you know, to get both of us into better shape. Yeah, not doing that again. Moving on...

Alex:
His grant is up too $248.50  $428.50!! My eyes {almost}literally popped out of my head. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Hydrocephalus:
Go look at this sweet baby.  He breaks my heart,  He is so little and really should be in his mom's arms right now.  They are having a giveaway right now for a $75 gift certifcate to Se@rs.  For every $5 you give you are entered.  Not many people have entered yet, so your chances are pretttty high.  Incase you were interested. : )  Please pray his mom and dad find him soon.  If they don't he will die and that makes me sick.

The Weather:
It has been snowing almost all week.  The snow we had was finally melting and we could actually see grass on our lawn!  BUT it had to go snow again and we got like, another foot.  It is melting, but we very well might still have snow still at the end of May.  Just another reason to head back to Africa I guess!

Done!  Don't you feel smarter?  I know, me too.  And because you all are just so great I thought you might like to see how I look the day after I am up all night.  Lovely.

9 comments:

  1. bahaha. That is one of the funniest pictures. hahaha. :P

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things with the adoption are moving, even if it seems slow! She will be home before you know it and you won't remember how long it took :)

    Totally agree with you on the whole puppy thing...mine is still got her issues haha.

    You guys got more snow? We got like 10 cm last week but it is almost completely gone! Lots of brown grass everywhere..so not pretty ha.

    Love your random posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhahahahhahhahhah. everything was fine and dandy until the picture at the end and I kind of lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have prayed for some guidance on how I can help make a difference in this world, and I was led to your blog. Alex has touched my heart so deeply. I don't know if I can provide him a home, but I will do all I can to make sure he finds one. I will continue to donate as I can. Thank you for suppoting this beautiful boy! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know about Soroti!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I got your comment on my blog about Alex...I've become his 555 warrior now and am going to have a awareness/fundraiser on my blog for him. I just love him so! I watched boy in baby house 10 like you said and OH it broke my heart. It does make me think of Alex. I so so so wish we were his family :( but am encouraged by the comment from Anonymous above! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I started a fbook page for Alex, like you did for Diana...Adoption and Awareness for Alex. Please feel free to like it and to share with others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, you don't know me but my husband and I love Alex on RR and pray for him all the time. We would be ecstatic to adopt him but we can't even start homestudy/commit to him until some repairs on our home are done and it's just the money issue holding us back for now. THANK YOU thank you so much for advocating and raising money for this beautiful little boy. I saw the other comments of others who also have a heart for Alex and it gave me SO MUCH joy. We're trying so hard to get to where we can commit to him but in the meantime we are praying, praying, praying. This is the first time I have seen your blog and my husband and I will be praying for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many things going on. Funny picture. And I'm praying for the adoption can't WAIT to hear all the details!!!!!!!!!
    Love ya!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design