May 21, 2011

They are gone!!

Yesterday was the big day!  My parents took off in an airplane for a country in Eastern Europe.  Operation 'Get the girl home' is well under way. It is all so unreal feeling.  They are just 5 days away from meeting Georgia.  Wow.

The airport is a bit of a drive from our house so we set out pretty early to drop them off.


The old school game boys were brought out to entertain people.


We hung out at the airport for a while.  There was some people flying into the same airport from Africa that we wanted to see when they arrived so we were way early for the parents 9:30pm flight.  But our airport has a cool climbing thing and we had supper so it was all good.  After a few hours in the airport the parents checked their bags and we said our goodbyes.  We even took one last family picture (missing a couple of people) with the self timer. We are skilled.


Now the real fun begins.  While the parents travel Europe and meet a special 8 year old girl, we will be at home eating ice cream and washing the floors.  I'm not quite sure who got the better end of the deal. : )


I'm starting to think we got the better end.


Poor Abby had a little melt down on the way home.  Poor thing missed mom already.  She is fine now though.  Seriously, this kid is so funny.  Just thought you should know that. : )


Please pray for us here at home. That we would all stay safe and healthy.

And please pray for my parents and Georgia.  That God would give peace to all 3 of them as they visit and get to know each other.  I can't imagine what will be going through G's head as she meets these strangers.


Thank you all for your kind words and your prayers.  They mean a lot!!

Now, I am off to make lunch and feed some Little people.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Joanna,
    I'm soooooo excited for you and your parents. You have a beautiful family!! I'm praying for G. and you with our siblings! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joanna! I am so so so excited for your family! This is such an exciting time. I remember oh so well the weeks that my parents were in China bringing home our girl!! Can not wait to see her in your arms<3

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design