Jul 6, 2011

Babysitting, dogs, and grandparents

This last week has been a busy one!  Last week a mom called me wanting me to watch her daughter.  I said yes..of course  I used to babysit a lot for a few different families but between them moving away and me going to Africa, I had been out of the babysitting 'loop' in my area for the last while.  But I'm back.  *k'ching*

Meet C.  I have her weekends and stay over at her house some nights while her mom works.  She is hilarious.   She makes me laugh so hard.   I don't know what makes her so funny to me, maybe it is her attitude.


Like I said...attitude!


I enjoy her, and I get paid to watch her.  Win/win

I also have been working at an organic garden weeding the vegetables.  That has been, uh, interesting.  lets just say that me and sun with out sunscreen, don't mix.  At.all.  I'll spare you the lovely details.  
I don't enjoy this job and would be running far away if it wasn't for the money.  Sigh.  But you have to do what you have to do!

moving on...

Back in January both me and my sister-in-law got puppies.  They are both part of the same breed and are actually the exact same age (we got them from different cities and at different times too!!).  They haven't seen each other since they were puppies but the other day when we went to visit my brother and sil we decided to take Eddie (my dog) along to see what they would do together.  They had a blast and spent the whole time running around outside.

Eddie, the black dog, is mine.  And Emmit, the white one, is my sister-in-laws dog. 





I like him a lot.  He is such a good dog and is very low maintenance..which I love.  
Plus, he is super cute.


I shot a gun.


And Josh shot a gun.


My grandparents are out visiting us this week.  They live on the other side of the country so we don't see them nearly as much as we would like.  My sister-in-law met them for the first time.  The grandparents were not able to make it to my brothers wedding last year so it was cool for them to finally meet.  My brother is the cool one, and my grandparents are the spring chickens, and my sil is the pregnant one.  I don't think I have mentioned it on here yet but that is my first niece/nephew jumping around in her tummy!!



We have been having a blast with the grandparents.  I love them.  They are so good to us.  They also have amazing stories from when they were younger.  My family was very much in the midst of WW2 and seeing as we are German, well, the stories you read in books?  That was us...almost.  If that makes sense. 
I wish we lived closer.

I'm off to eat ice cream, because everyone needs a little ice cream in their life.
I hope you all had an awesome Canada Day/4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. cuteness! C, Eddie, and you with that gun. cute. babysitting really is win/win.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design