Jul 5, 2012

Don't forget him

I told myself as I stared into his face, "don't forget this, don't forget him".
I was determined.  I would not forget that moment. 
I would not forget the little boy laying in a stroller in Eastern Europe.
The way he looked at me, the way he smiled.  
I was, and still am, determined to find this boy a family.
I won't leave him behind, because frankly, he stole a piece of my heart that day.
Meet Jacob..

He is so young to be listed for International Adoption.  
Jacob is only 17 months old, born January 2011.

He has special needs.  Cerebral Palsy and cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder).

But when I look at him I don't see 'Special needs' I just see Jacob.  
A perfectly formed baby boy.

A baby boy that would bless any family.  
-He has an amazing smile.  
-He responds to his name.
-He can turn his head to look at you.
-He loves any attention but doesn't pitch a fit when he doesn't get any.


Boy, born January 2011
Spastic cerebral palsy, cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder)
This little guy is still pretty young, a great age to join a family and receive therapy as needed!    He needs a mama to scoop him up.
Large families welcome, travel required.

Jacob is not in urgent need of a family.  
He is not facing transfer to the institution like Kanani or Felicia.
But, it would be amazing if we could get him out of the orphanage before he gets any older.
He would blossom in a family with therapy.  
What a blessing to his family to have him home so young.

Please spread the word about Jacob.  He is the perfect age for someone looking to adopt but don't feel called to adopt an older child.  His special needs are also very do-able.


You can see his profile Here.  You can also donate towards his adoption grant fund Here.  
I would love to see his grant fund reach $100.  Baby steps.

I will not forget him.  It's time to get this baby home.

If you would like more information on adopting Jacob please contact Sarah at:
sarah@reecesrainbow.org

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design