Sep 27, 2012

Taking a moment to breathe

I'm here.  I'm alive.  
And we're as ready as we'll ever be.

The flights out here were long.  Uneventful but long.  
If my math is right it was about 17 hours of travel (including time sitting in airports).  

I had a layover in Phoenix and got to visit with a sweet friend (and her beautiful and sweet little sister) for an hour before rushing off to catch my next flight.  It was awesome that it worked out so perfectly.  You should go check out Emma's blog (emonamission.blogspot.com) and read a bit about her story.  She is awesome and would love any prayer and support you can provide in the next coming months.  And hey, be kind and leave a comment for her on her blog. :)

Photobucket

I arrived in PA to a van full of sleepy and adorable faces waiting outside the airport.  
We headed 'home' and crashed into bed.

Today was filled with hanging out and learning about all the little things that make a family work.  Every family is a little different and takes a bit to figure out.  The things that are important to one family aren't as important to the next family.  It's interesting to see the differences as I go from family to family.  So many different parenting styles and personalities.  I love it.

I'm going to be here for the next several weeks. The parents fly over to Eastern Europe tomorrow to complete the first steps of their adoption of sweet 'Carter'.  They are leaving their six kids behind and the goal here is to keep them alive.  Preferably kind of happy.  And maybe a little clean.  It should be crazy, exhausting and a great learning experience.  In the end it will be more then worth it, because there will be one less orphan in the world.  Which is exciting

Safety. Health.  Quickness with the adoption process.  Wisdom.  Calmness.  Peace among the kids.
All things that would be amazing to pray for the next several weeks.  Add them to your list! ;)

I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. 6 kids?? Wow girl! You are crazy! :)
    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely praying! You are so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Joanna!!! I'm a broken record, but you rock.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design