Sep 12, 2012

The post I didn't want to write

Edit: The families are stepping forward.  Bring it on!

Sometimes I look into the face of an orphan and just know there is something special about that child.  They are so perfectly made in God's image and through no fault of their own, they are living in orphanages...alone.  Each of these children are so special and I am so confused by why they have not been chosen yet.

I keep telling myself,  "Someone will come for them. They won't wait long."

But the reality of the matter is that these children have been waiting for a very.long.time.  Years.  I have literally watched them grow up through pictures.  I have not advocated for them because I figured someone would be coming for them soon.  I was in denial. But I have finally come to realize the fact that...

NO ONE IS COMING FOR THEM.

None.  They are alone.  They are slipping through the cracks.  They are growing up with out the support of a family. Without the love of hugs and kisses.  They are growing up with out Jesus.  I didn't want to write about them on my blog.  I wanted them to have families.  But the families are not coming, so I need to write.  I need to beg you to pray for these children.  In Eastern Europe a child 'ages out' of the orphanage (and is no longer available for adoption) at age 16.  Their future is so very grim.  10% – 15% of these children commit suicide before they reach age eighteen.  60% of the girls become prostitutes and 70% of the boys become hardened criminals.   This is the future awaiting these children.  This is why I need to blog about them.

Please donate if you can.  Share their pictures.  PRAY.  And maybe, just maybe, you will fall in love with these children like I have?  Maybe you could take the leap of faith for one of these children?  Maybe one of your friends is willing?  Maybe together, we can find the families they have been waiting so long for.  Maybe.


Weston.
Sweet, sweet boy.  I can't stand the thought of him alone.  I would take him in a heart beat. From the moment I first saw his picture I was captivated.  There is something about him people, he is special and I'm thinking God has big plans for him. Plus he is just super cute!  Weston was born in October 2009 (turning 3 this October).  He has a whole pile of medical diagnosis that make most people skip over him.  But when you take the time to actually understand what you are reading you would be surprised with how do-able his needs are.  He clearly will flourish with some good medical care and attention.  Here is what he is listed as having...

-Hyperplasia of the thymus. Which means his thymus (The thymus is a part of the immune system involved in 'training' white blood cells to recognize specific viruses or bacteria.) has an overgrowth. This is a typical diagnosis in Eastern Europe and is 'Of no clinical significance'. 

-Background of rethinopathy and retinal vascular deconditioning.  Eye problems.  


-Atrial Septal Defect.  A hole in the wall between the top two chambers of the heart.  Very common and pretty easy to fix.


-Exposed to HIV.  If he still just had the antibodies from his birth mom when he was tested or has the virus himself is not certain.  He most likely does have HIV though.  And if HIV makes you feel a little nervous, watch this movie.  It's NOT a big deal.


But despite all of that, Weston is more then a medical diagnosis.  He needs a family NOW.




PLEASE.
Share.  Pray.  Donate. Adopt.

Avery.
Avery has been listed for so long.  He is almost never mentioned.  His grant fund is only at $53 after being listed for years.  He is precious and I hate watching him grow older without a family.  Every year that passes is a year of his childhood gone.  He is no longer the little preschooler but instead is a 7 year old boy.  No one wants a 7 year old boy.  And that just hurts.  

There isn't much info on Avery but this is what there is:
Born April 2005
"Avery is a handsome little boy with brown hair and brown eyes.  He is also HIV + positive, with an RNA of 400. More photos available. He does not have any siblings. He is described as having a calm demeanor."
Again, if HIV scares you go watch the above movie. 



PLEASE.
Share. Pray. Donate. Adopt.

Daniel. Daniel has a family!
I have no words to express how I feel for this child.  I know I have said this before, but there is something special about this boy.  Why has no one picked him yet?  He has been listed since we started our own adoption process summer of 2010.  We scrolled past his picture many times.  At the time he was just one of the many preschool aged boys listed.  The other boys have all been adopted, but Daniel still waits.  Why?  He is going to be such a blessing to the family that steps up for him.  Why are people not fighting over who gets to parent Daniel?  I don't understand.

From a missionary who visited in this orphanage in March 2010:   This kiddo was lots of fun, too. He was so inquisitive and curious. He has lots of energy and he’s very mobile. I have lots of pictures of him jumping on the couch. He seems like a very sweet little boy.
Update fall 2011:  He is a wonderful boy, and wants to be adopted!

Did you read that.  He wants to be adopted.  He wants a family.  Can you imagine a 7 year old boy wanting a family?  He doesn't want a bike or a computer.  He wants a family.  Several adoptive families have met him and said he was a great kid.  He's killing me.



Daniel was born in 2005.    
He has a $2,500 grant towards his adoption.

Please help Daniel.  He doesn't need a perfect family.  He just needs a family!
PLEASE.
Share. Pray. Donate. Adopt.



Britta. Britta has a family!

Born May 2004
 An adoptive family reported in May 2011 that she was in a regular group at the orphanage. The family interacted with her on the playground and she seems like a normal, happy, playful child. She appeared to be of normal height and weight for her age.  Additional adorable photo(s) available.  
Several families have also met Britta and they all have good things to say about her.  I have seen more pictures of her and she is just the cutest little thing.  She is taller then the other girls in her group.



PLEASE.
Share. Pray. Donate. Adopt.
-link to profile removed.-


Eric.
Eric has been listed for so long as well.  There is no information on him besides his birthday (Born May 15, 2003), his medical diagnosis (HIV+) and these two pictures.  Because of that he has been overlooked so, so many times!  He is an 'older child' at the age of 9 and his chances of being adopted are very slim.

PLEASE.
Share. Pray. Donate. Adopt.
{Available to Canadian!}


Devon.
Devon was born  on October 15, 2001.  Like Eric, Devon has very little information available on him.  He is HIV+ and is turning 11 this October.  He is in the same orphanage as Eric and the two boys could be adopted together.  Precious, precious boys!

PLEASE.
Share. Pray. Donate. Adopt.
{Available to Canadians!}


I didn't want to write this post.  But I did.  And now all that is left for me to do is to pray families see their faces and decide to act.  Pray that other people will pick one of these children to pray regularly for.  Pray that someone would drop a few more dollars in their grant funds.  Pray. Pray. Pray.  Will you pray with me?

If you would like more information on adoption or any of these children please email Sarah (sarah@reecesrainbow.org) or contact me.  I would be happy to talk with anyone interested!

"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act." 
Prov. 24:12

7 comments:

  1. wow. all these faces are staring into my very core. i will not forget them. i just wrote each of their precious names in the back of my bible...they will be prayed for daily. i can promise you this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting about Britta! We are the family that met her in 2011. I've been speaking to a family who wants to adopt her. They just started their home study. Please pray for them, as they have a couple hurdles to getting approval!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed your info on to them. I hope they contact you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. breaks my heart...their is nobody coming, its true for so many and in the week i find out Margaret has died i feel like i am failing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weston recently caught my eye (and my heart) on Reece's Rainbow. I was searching for more info on him and found your blog. Do you have any other info on him?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design