Oct 18, 2012

Answer to the pop quiz

The answer to the pop quiz...
Can be found here: Happy Birthday!
Photobucket
I spent almost a month with this family last August while Ana's (formerly known as 'Stacie') adoption was being finalized.  I loved my time with this family.  They were the first family I provided childcare for and the connection we had was special (all because of that blond headed girl!).  It changed me, it stretched me.  I was so thankful to have a hands on involvement with this girls adoption.  Despite all the blood, screaming and wrecked ceilings that filled my time here, I went back to Canada happy.  Tired, but happy!

When I found out I would be back in Pennsylvania this month I was thrilled.  I wasn't sure how it would work out because my commitment was first and foremost to the family I am currently helping.  But I so badly wanted to come back here and meet up with my first family.   I shouldn't have ever worried or doubted.  Blessed.  I'm here.  Spending time with this family.  With Ana.  With the kids I invested so much of myself in last fall.  A year later and it's like nothing has changed.   

Except this time I'm relaxing.  Enjoying quiet.  Reading.  Watching some tv.  Hanging out with kids.  Looking inward.  Gearing up for the end of the week when I have to say goodbye again (sad) and head back to my other PA family (happy!).  I'm just feeling incredibly blessed to have such awesome people in my life and that I get to watch certain miracles unfold!  Being apart of their life will always be worth it.

3 comments:

  1. After a day like that, you may not want to come back!! :0

    Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS RIGHT!!! YOU is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! She is just ADORABLE!!!!! You have fun!!!
    Victoria
    P.S. We are going to MI in a week from today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just left and we miss you so much already :(
    You are a tremendous blessing, and our home is ALWAYS open to you....
    Hugs and much love :)
    the Weiman clan

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design