Feb 14, 2013

Remembering Ksenia

Last Valentines day we honored a special little girl by celebrating her birthday.  We didn't know her official birth date.  However we knew she was turning nine sometime in the month of February.  We chose Valentines day to celebrate her (who doesn't love an extra excuse to eat sweets??) because what is more perfect than to celebrate a birthday on a day filled with pink hearts?  You can read more about Ksenia's ninth birthday here: Happy Birthday Ksenia! We were so filled with hope that day.  It was finally her turn to be seen and I was so sure that by her next birthday she would, at the very least, have a family fighting to get her out of that institution.

A few months later all those hopes and dreams for Ksenia came crashing down.  To make a very long story short, we lost track of Ksenia.  I don't know where she is.  She might of passed away (and considering how she looked in her most recent picture that is a very a strong possibility) or maybe she was adopted which isn't nearly as likely.  For whatever reason she is no longer adoptable, and there is no way find out why.

I was crushed when I found out.  I felt like I failed her.  I have mourned her [likely] death.  Precious girl. She is never far from my mind but I have finally come to a place of acceptance. Wherever she is I pray she knows she is loved and not forgotten.  Her story has inspired many people and I hope many more people to come. I still hope and pray that she will reappear for adoption and my eyes are always watching for her. But if that never happens I have peace. We have a God who loves Ksenia way more then I ever have. Because of her I have learned to fight harder for the children that still have a chance.  I am thankful for her.

Today we celebrated her birth again.  She was remembered and celebrated.
 photo IMGP3041_zps1966fa07.jpg
Ksenia.  You are never forgotten.
 photo alck.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joanna. Such a beautiful post. Thanks for making me cry!!! She will never ever be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design