Sep 17, 2013

So how did the job interview go?

Short answer: good.

Long(er) answer: I'm officially a Child support/respite worker.

I moved here Wednesday afternoon. Had a job interview Friday morning. Had another interview Saturday morning. Started work Monday. The job is exactly what I wanted. It's something I'm interested in and can learn and grow in. It's got room for more education and future job opportunities. It's the kind of job where I can build relationships with the people I work with. The hours are short but consistent.  And the pay is much, much better than I was expecting. Did I mention I get gas money??

When I moved here I was so worried I would have to get a *shudder* retail job.

I feel so blessed that this is the job I got instead.

Because of the nature of my job I won't be sharing many details of what I do and who I work with. Privacy people, it's really important and something we don't practice very often in the internet world.

But I can share how the sunsets here basically blind me on my way home from work.

Not even kidding.  How are you supposed to drive facing that??
 photo IMG_20130916_201836_zpsf1358c8e.jpg
Thank you to everyone who prayed for my interview and sent kind thoughts my way. I appreciate it more than you know!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a great job! Praying it goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same job! Well, almost. I work with adults :) It's my favourite thing in the whole universe and I would never want another- until I get back to Africa, that is! Good luck with everything! Prepare to be challenged and have your socks blessed right off all at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news, Joanna! And that seems like something you can use when (not if) you get back to Africa. And yes, I agree about the privacy thing too. :) I definitely can't imagine you in a retail job. LOL

    Pray the clouds come at just the right time!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design