Oct 7, 2013

I have the best job ever

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a domestic child aid.  So I support families who have children with special needs."
"Oh...well I guess you make good money so it's worth it"

I have had this conversation so many times in the last couple of weeks.  It always catches me off guard.  The truth is, it's not about the money.  It's not about the sweet hours.  It's not just a job I happened to get.  It's what I wanted.  

And this evening while making a quick trip to the park it hit me.  I really do have the best job ever.  Why wouldn't someone want this job?  Hide 'n seek.  Imagination.  Swings.  Slides.  Races.  Franklin books.  Laughter.  Progress.  Not just getting to know a specific child but the entire family and community.

I can't get over it.  I have the best job ever.  And it's awesome.
 photo IMG_20131007_194655_zps7e90e07d.jpg

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design