Nov 7, 2013

I should be studying..but I'm not

It feels like a lifetime ago that I was joking with a friend about college..

"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

But yet here I am.  Trying my hardest to put together a last minute assignment on a long.gone.dead.guy.that.nobody.cares.about.  Oh, and this guy turned out to be a creep.  *face palm*

Let's just say my mind is not here.  It's a million miles away.  And I don't like it.  This college thing is not what I love, It's not my passion.  Will it become useful one day with my passion?  Is it a wise use of my time?  Most likely.  But right now I'm having a hard time settling in to this life mentally.  I want to go.  I want to be out there doing the stuff I love.  Life is short, I don't want to spend this short life not making a difference.  Does that make sense?

So basically I should be studying but I'm not. My mind isn't here.

Maybe one day my mind and heart will settle down.  But for right now, don't be surprised if I ditch this college thing and run.

Kidding.
 photo IMGP5729.jpg

Kind of.

5 comments:

  1. Story of my life. I've been especially struggling with this the last few weeks! Spending thousands of dollars to get no sleep, have no social life and bust my butt so that someday I can live in Africa and do something to help people? Makes no sense. But you can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are different seasons to life... a season of preparation is just as important as a season of "doing." With this base of knowledge about the world that you get in university (yes, even long dead creeps have something to teach us!) you will ultimately have a wider view of the world and be more effective in your work with others. It is worth it I promise. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend reading Kisses from Kate over Christmas break...it will challenge you to seek Gods will for you right now...it's ok to do hard if you are walking with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that time in my life far too well! I went to Uganda for the first time the summer before my last year in University and that last year was HARD - I took a plane back to Uganda the day after my last exam and skipped my graduation! But, it's a part of what has got me to where I am today (with my sweet boy asleep in the room next to me!) and I don't regret it at all. If it's where He wants you, it'll be worth it!

    Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design