Aug 19, 2014

Saying goodbye (but soon it will be hello)


It's been two weeks now since that awful last day. The day I had to say goodbye to everyone at Abide Family Center and come back to Canada. It was pouring rain that day, I'm not sure if that made the goodbyes better or worse. It was hard and felt super unnatural to leave.  But I didn't have much time to think about it, climbing into that first car started a whirlwind trip back across the ocean.

Back to Canada.  Back home.  Except it doesn't feel like home anymore, a piece of my life and heart are still over in Uganda. As much as I love my family and life in Canada, I just can't get my mind out of Uganda.

Which is a good thing, because I'm going back to Uganda.

Soon the goodbyes will be turned around into hellos.



And I can't wait.  xoxox

3 comments:

  1. So exciting... Can't wait to hear more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Joanna! As we were told many years ago, "Africa gets under your skin." The orphans, the widow, the special gems, all - so precious in His sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design