Oct 24, 2014

I said I would never work retail

As soon as you think you have life figured out, something else gets tipped upside down.  That's how it always works, right?  Or at least for me it seems like it.

A couple weeks ago I went to work like normal, and just a few hours later I was back home, jobless.  All for good reasons and on good terms, I promise! But it still left me in a bit of a panic. I only had two months left before I left for Uganda for a year.  I had been saving and working and selling everything I could think of, but I still had a plane ticket+travel insurance+ visas to pay for. Yikes. I sent out emails and texts and resumes trying to find something (anything!) else for the next two months. No one really wants to hire someone for two months though and that familiar panic started creeping in.

If you know me you know that I have never had a desire to work retail.  Nope.  Non whatsoever.  I've been very vocal about that and I thankfully have never had a reason to work retail. Other jobs have always been found (+pay way more than most retail jobs).

Turns out I'm in a season of life that is completely turning who I thought I was upside down.  In a good but stretching way.  After a week of crossed fingers and prayers I have a job again.  And of course, it's working retail. 

The funny part?  It's the ONE retail job I said I would want. If I had to work retail, this one store was where I would want to work.  And that's where I got the interview.  That's where I was offered a job. It's a silver lining I could not be happier for. 

Finances are still going to be tight, I've lost time while having to job search again.  I still have my fingers crossed. But there is hope and I'm ready to work my butt off during the next two months.  That's all I can ask for.  In the end nothing is going to keep me off that plane in January. I can't wait.
also yo, I've started running. I don't even know who I am anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Your thoughts and opinions and questions and everything in between. Drop me a note!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design